Colorado athletes heading to Kona!
Name: Iain Campbell
1. What are you most excited about in competing in Kona?
Excited to be at my third World Championships and ready to race (my first in 2015 I had a calf strain going in, my second in 2017 I had crashed my bike 8 weeks before coming down lefthand canyon and had the trifecter fracture of collar bone, radius and wrist – I was able to race but was not at my best !) This year ready and excited to race!
2. What is your favorite career IRONMAN memory so far?
Got to be IM Arizona in 2016, I was coming off a crash that fractured my skull and left me with a TBI but the build for this race was perfect and was my first time under 10 hours and a AG 1st place and slot for Kona 2017
3. Is this your first time competing in Kona and if no how many other times have you done so?
No, two times previously.
4. If someone were watching that is new to the sport, what would you tell them is the coolest thing about being a triathlete and competing in this venue?
The venue is spectacular, it is hard but you are racing with the best athletes in the World and if it was easy it wouldn’t challenge us.
5. What do you think is the hardest thing about doing an IRONMAN?
For me pacing and nutrition and the variability that race day conditions bring.