Colorado athletes heading to Kona!
Name: Gwen Steves
1. What are you most excited about in competing in Kona?
This will be my first year racing in Kona. I am most excited about swimming in the ocean as I have never done so before.
2. What is your favorite career IRONMAN memory so far?
My favorite of course is my Kona qualifying race in Boulder 2019.
3. Is this your first time competing in Kona and if no how many other times have you done so?
First time 🥰
4. If someone were watching that is new to the sport, what would you tell them is the coolest thing about being a triathlete and competing in this venue?
The coolest thing about being a triathlete and competing in IronMan races is you always learn something from your race, something to improve on with the next one
5. What do you think is the hardest thing about doing an IRONMAN?
Learning how to hold back. Early excitement in the race leads to struggling finishes.