Have an event to List?
Whether a race, special group ride, training opportunity, or cycling-related community event, the 303 calendar showcases it all. To have an event posted here please follow this link: Event Policy Submission & Guidelines.
- This event has passed.
Pool Open Water Skills
May 7, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm MDT
Triathletes have a unique challenge when it comes to the swim: most races happen in open water, but training happens mostly in the pool. Coach Melissa Mantak, former ITU World Cup Champion, USAT National Coach of the Year and USAT National Development Coach, brings decades of experience to helping you reach your goals. I took my swim coaching skills to a new level working with potential Olympians on the National Development Team, teaching fast runners to be fast swimmers. This experience coupled with working as the official Tri for the Cure coach for 10 years, I dialed in the best techniques for coaching triathletes, just like you.
Skills and techniques you will learn:
• 50 meter pool set up with no lane lines using whole pool
• Sighting buoys in the pool
• Navigation and sighting skills
• Drafting in the water
• Swimming in groups
• Buoy skills
• Sprinting & variable speed training
• Grow your confidence and fitness in the open water
• Perform on race day
• Managing fear and panic in open water
• Perform in the open water
• Grow your confidence and competence in the swim
• Stay healthy and avoid injury
• Increase motivation to swim
• Learn the benefits of underwater filming
Event details and registration here