Have an event to List?
Whether a race, special group ride, training opportunity, or cycling-related community event, the 303 calendar showcases it all. To have an event posted here please follow this link: Event Policy Submission & Guidelines.
- This event has passed.
Novice Freestyle Clinic
May 14, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm MDT
Triathletes have a unique challenge when it comes to the swim: most races happen in open water, but training happens mostly in the pool. Coach Melissa Mantak, former ITU World Cup Champion, USAT National Coach of the Year and USAT National Development Coach, brings decades of experience to helping you reach your goals. I took my swim coaching skills to a new level working with potential Olympians on the National Development Team, teaching fast runners to be fast swimmers. As the official Tri for the Cure coach for 10 years, I dialed in the best techniques for coaching novice triathletes, just like you.
Who this clinic is for:
- Novice triathlon swimmers
- Have some (3-12 months) or no experience with triathlon
- Want to make positive, lasting improvements to your swim
- Want to enjoy the water!
Skills and techniques you will learn:
- Breathing skills for endurance and strength
- Timing and coordination of the breathing, kick and pull
- Drills for endurance and strength
- Your strengths and weaknesses through stroke analysis
- How to turn your weaknesses into strengths
- Save time by focusing on what is most important
- Stop fear and panic in open water before it starts
- Grow your confidence and competence in the swim
- Stay healthy and avoid injury
- Increase motivation to swim
- Learn the benefits of underwater filming
Event details and registration here