Colorado athletes heading to Kona!
Name: Conrad Rodas
1. What are you most excited about in competing in Kona?
Competing against the best in the world at the most iconic stage. It’s the culmination of all the training and sacrifices to just get to the starting line.
2. What is your favorite career IRONMAN memory so far?
Hearing my name being called at the slot allocation in Mar Del Plata last year was just amazing after so many ups and downs before and during the race.
3. Is this your first time competing in Kona and if no how many other times have you done so?
4. If someone were watching that is new to the sport, what would you tell them is the coolest thing about being a triathlete and competing in this venue?
This will be my first experience at Kona, I’ll be able to answer this on Sunday.
5. What do you think is the hardest thing about doing an IRONMAN?
Commitment. Anyone can complete an Ironman, as long as you are willing to put the time to train. It doesn’t require as much time as most people think either, it’s all about being consistent and crossing that finish line is very achievable.