By Bill Plock
Since 1947 the city of Loveland has been post marking Valentine Cards to send to loved ones all around the world. We thought we would throw a little triathlon love to the Lake to Lake Triathlon and ask a few participants why they love it so much.
Here are the top 10 reasons:
1. Peggy Shockley, race director, nice, caring, genuine and supportive
2. Beautiful bike course with views of Horsetooth reservoir and fun hills
3. The brunch at the end of the race is worth the price of admission alone!
4. Luscious grass to run on from swim exit to transition
5. Amazing volunteers
6. Run around the lake and downhill finish in statue park
7. The lake! Nice water, great beach8. Easy for families to watch
9. Great finish line!
10. It’s in Loveland!
Want to try Lake toLake? It’s on June 23 and thereis a Sprint and Olympic distances as well as Aquabike events to choose from.
Check out the website