Have an event to List?
Whether a race, special group ride, training opportunity, or cycling-related community event, the 303 calendar showcases it all. To have an event posted here please follow this link: Event Policy Submission & Guidelines.
- This event has passed.
Alison Dunlap MTB Level II Skills Clinic
July 8 - July 9
The Level II clinics are for riders that are comfortable on singletrack and regularly ride mountain bikes off-road. A Level II rider likes technical trails but may not have the skills to feel comfortable and safe. A Level II rider should be comfortable with the following skills:
- If using clipless pedals (although not required) being able to get in and out of the pedals quickly and safely on both sides
- Riding single track with moderate technical sections
- Riding for 2-3 hrs at a time
A Level II rider will learn the following skills at the clinic:
- Basic bike set-up
- Positioning, balance, maneuvering, braking, and shifting
- Line selection
- Enduro techniques
- Riding up and down ledges
- Riding off 2-3 foot drops
- Tight exposed switchbacks with obstacles
- Loose rocky climbs and descents
- Cornering on loose tight singletrack
- Off-camber cornering
- High speed descending
Event details and registration here